Please find a briefing on concepts tackled during our English sessions. You can use all kinds of games to reinforce these concepts. A lot of interactive games are also found in the section Website and Website 2. Hope it is of help while doing revision. In the coming days, I will post concepts for Math and Malti.
Alphabet awareness: 1. Recognition, sound and formation of letters
3. Alphabetical order (letters only)
4. Alphabetical order (words)
5. Blends (clusters)- at the beginning
– at the end
6. Special sounds – sh, ch, th
Vowels: 1. Short vowel (single vowel – a, e, i, o, u)
2. Long vowel (double vowel – ai, oa, ee, ie, oo)
3. Pattern words (same vowel in the middle)
Words: 1. Same beginning letter
2. Same ending letters
3. Three letter words (regular – sound used for spelling)
4. Letter words (regular- sound used for spelling)
5. Tricky words (need to be memorized or use name of
6. Rhyming words (same ending sound)
Sentences: 1. Rules for sentences – start with capital letter,
space between words,
finish with a full stop.
2. Use of interesting words learnt
Reading: 1. Read words tackled in spelling game,
2. Read and understand comprehension passages.
3. Read and understand Phonics red readers and yellow